During the GBTA Conference 2014 Project ICARUS handed out Outstanding Achievement Awards in 4 categories to companies who have done outstanding work on sustainability.
In the Travel Supplier category the prize went to Scandic;
– A tough and competitive category but this company has been at the forefront of hotel industry development in sustainability for many years.
– They are one of the most forward thinking companies in their sector
– They win this award for the innovation and creativity they bring to making the hotel industry more responsible and sustainable.
The Travel Buyer category is won by Volvo;
– This company has a world wide reputation for the safety and responsibility of their vehicles. They also practice what they preach within their own business through a clear, focused, measured and successful travel program.
Travel Team of the year is Scania;
– This awards recognizes a group of people working together to deliver sustainable, responsible programs. The Travel Buyer of Scania brought together a range of company stakeholders e.g. HR, occupational health, finance, travellers, IT, suppliers and others to create a brand new and creative sustainable travel and meetings program. A program that uniquely puts the traveller at the heart of the program.
Travel Intermediary is Portman, the only non-Swedish winner;- This TMC wins the award for taking the initiative and creating an innovative communications- and webprogram which contains environmental, case studies, calculators, news & opinion on responsible business travel and meetings and more. We believe this is a first for our industry
Congratulations to all the winners!
Åsa Ward, Meeting & Travel Manager, Scania
Christina Skoglund, Volvo Group AB
Deanna Seiffert, Head of Marketing & Brand Communications, Portman
Steffen H Seichter, Director of Sales & Marketing, Scandic